We are revamping the entire page. Stay tuned.
1st (Known) Logo (Fall 2005 -September 28th, 2006; Fall 2010-July 29th, 2011)
Logo: On the white floor against the white background, the blue word "a n i m a t i o n" stands on the floor with the shadowed reflection in front of it. The words "s o n y p I c t u r e s" fades in above "a n i m a t i o n".
- On one trailer for Open Season, it is on Boog's TV screen.
- On The Smurfs, it is still.
FX/SFX: The zooming anand the fading.
Music/Sounds: Just the sounds or music from the trailers/TV spots.
Music/Sounds Variant: On The Smurfs version, the opening stinger (That was started from the end of the Columbia Pictures logo variation) plays over it and it carries over to The K Entertainment Company logo.
Availability: Extremely rare. The normal version is seen on trailers and TV spots for Open Season (The film itself has the next logo).
Scare Factor: None.
(September 29, 2006 - December 2, 2011)
Nickname: "Extreme Letters"
Logo: On a white background, a blue "t" jumps out of nowhere. As a blue "n" runs by, a blue "o" rolls down and a blue "i" slides while a blue "a" spins around. Then "i" comes back, trips, and loses its dot. A blue "m" dodges it and it hits the "a". The dot bounces off a ton of letters while the (now dotless) "i" tries to catch it. Then all the letters bounce back and are revealed to be the letters in the word "animation". Then the words "SONY PICTURES" drop on the word "animation". The logo slowly zooms out until all the letters fall down.
- On Open Season 3, the logo is speed-up and freezes instead of falling down.
- On The Smurfs: A Christmas Carol (The last feature to use this logo), it is very similar as before but the animation is in normal speed.
FX/SFX: CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: A fast-paced jazzy fanfare. When the letters crash, a depressed crowd is heard groaning.
Availability: Common. The normal version is seen on Open Season and Open Season 2.
Scare Factor: None.
3rd Logo (Fall 2011 - present)
- Early: We see the words "Sony Pictures" at the top and the word "Animation" below it on the white background in blue. It is similar to The Smurfs version.
- Later: We see the letters of the text coming in bouncing in different ways until the text is formed as before.
- Early: On the final trailer and TV spots for Arthur Christmas (Where it first debuted) and the offcial trailer and TV spots for The Pirates!' Band of Misfits it is shared with the Aardman logo.