Logo descriptions by Jason Jones, Matt Williams, Matt Anscher, Nicholas Aczel, John Coffey, and D.L. Chandell
Logo captures by V of Doom and snelfu
Editions by Mr. Logo Lord, Shadeed A. Kelly and V of Doom
Video captures courtesy of JohnnyL80 and VHSDude
The Disney-ABC Television Group re-branded its syndication division Buena Vista Television as "Disney-ABC Domestic Television" in July 2007, when The Walt Disney Company retired the "Buena Vista" brand. In 2013, its barter syndication division was renamed to "ABC Syndication".
Nicknames: "Crashing Stars", "Disney-ABC in the Sky"
Logo: We see two stars flying downward on a black space background. They merge into a white star, and the logo starts to take form with the Disney logo and the ABC logo (tinted blue) coming from each side with the words "DOMESTIC TELEVISION" under the two small lines, and a blue sky background, with clouds appearing. As this is happening, the Disney logo and star fade from white to blue. After this, the clouds move slowly to the left. In most cases, however, the short jingle is used, so the logo tends to cut off before the clouds make any significant movement.
- On Who Wants to be A Millionaire? for Nintendo DS, a still version is used. The Disney/ABC logos and words are placed horizontally against a white background, with the Disney and ABC logos separated by a vertical line.
- An updated version of the logo was introduced in September 2013. The sky color fade-in plays faster, and starts a second earlier. The ABC logo was modified into the 2013 rendition that made its debut that summer, but with a blue shine instead of a yellow one. The words "Domestic Television" appear in a new generic typeface, and now in regular capital-and-lowercase letter formation.
FX/SFX: The two stars merging, the flying logo.
Music/Sounds: A remix of the 1997 medium-length Buena Vista Television jingle. The instrumentation seems to have been changed to fit better with the "Disney" moniker. Again, there are long, medium and short versions. However, this time the medium version is the most common. The long version didn't appear until 2013 (see below). Sometimes, the end theme plays over the logo depending on the closing of the show.
- On LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, the first half of the music plays over before the show fades to the logo and the second half is on the logo. The first half is on low volume while the second half is on the normal volume.
- On the Katie talk show, it's only the last 7 notes of the logo.
- On a few Katie episodes, the long version of the 1997 Buena Vista Television jingle is used, remixed the same way as the normal one and ending with a drum-roll.
Availability: Common. Currently appears on post-2007 episodes of Buena Vista produced shows such as Live! with Kelly and Michael, At the Movies, and the syndicated version of Who Wants to be A Millionaire?, among others. Reruns of the syndicated version of Millionaire on GSN with Meridith Vieira plasters the 1997 and 2005 logos of Buena Vista Television with this logo. It was widely expected that this logo would soon be tacked on network TV and syndicated reruns of Disney-owned shows from the libraries of Touchstone, ABC, Disney, and Buena Vista, but it never happened. This logo is seen only on first-run syndicated series.
Scare Factor: None. It's a mediocre logo.