Logo description by Logoboy95
Logo captures by V of Doom and Logophile
Editions by V of Doom, CNViewer2006 and Jeff B.
Bob and Harvey Weinstein founded Dimension Films in 1991 as a genre film division of Miramax Films. Currently, Dimension Films is a genre film label for The Weinstein Company and its pre-October 2005 franchises are shared by Miramax.
(September 11, 1992- )
Logo: On a black background, a set of blueish lines zoom out in the left side of the screen. As it zooms out, it gradually lights up to reveal that it is the word "DIMENSION" in a bold, italic Eurostile font. When the logo reaches a comfortable distance, it lights up completely as "FILMS" wipes underneath it, in spaced-out letters.
- An earlier version exists. Below the word "DIMENSION", a byline "A DIVISION OF MIRAMAX FILMS" appears. In this version, the logo looks a bit smoother.
- A 3-D version has the logo zooming in against a purple cloudy background, then bulging from the center, breaking letter by letter, and flying toward the screen Replace to Go To Troublemaker Studios Logo.
- A 3-D in-credit logo was used in the late 2000s.
- On some Dimension films, such as Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth and Senseless, the text is more purpler than usual, rather than a light shade of blue.
- On the second version of the U.S. teaser trailer for Paddington 2, in order to hide the TWC-Dimension references in the trailer the print logo is orange on the blue background.
FX/SFX: The zoom out and the lighting. Really good computer animation that still holds up just as well today as it did 23 years ago.
Music/Sounds: None, or the opening sounds/music from any given soundtrack.
- On a few dubbed Jackie Chan movies, there's a gong sound and a whoosh when "DIMENSION" shines.
- On The Longshots, a light string orchestra fanfare is heard.
Availability: Common. Seen on most Dimension titles like Spy Kids, Scary Movie, Cursed, Scream and Mimic. The 3-D version appears on Spy Kids 3: Game Over and The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. The early version with the Miramax byline is extremely rare, as on Echo Bridge releases of Godzilla vs. Biolante is plastered by the current Miramax logo. It is intact on the U.S DVD of Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (the first released under the Dimension branding), while current international prints have it plastered by the Lakeshore International logo. The version with the music can be seen on Supercop and Operation Condor, among other Dimension distributed Jackie Chan films.
Scare Factor: Low. The darkness may scare you.