Nicknames: "Filmstrip D", "Davis D"
Logo: On a black or blue background, a blue "D" made out of a filmstrip spins around and zooms out to the middle. The words "DAVIS ENTERTAINMENT" fade in under the filmstrip, and the logo "shines".
- On the 1997 TV movie Asteroid, there is a short version of the logo starting where the logo shines, and the company name fading in. There is no spinning and zooming in this variant, the filmstrip D is already formed.
- From 2001-2010 and in 2012, the logo has enhanced with improved image effects, better qualitt amd more intensive shining
- At the end of Dr Dolittle 2, the logo is white on the blue background. The animmation happens differently.
FX/SFX: The filmstrip spinning and zooming, the logo "shining".
Music/Sounds: None, or the opening/closing theme of the movie.
- 1990-2001: Rare. Seen on Gunmen and Fortress (1993), but also might be on some other movies, including the 1998 remake of 1967's Doctor Dolittle. It also appears on TV movies as well like Silhouette.
- 2001-2010, 2012: Seen on all Davis productions, like Dr. Dolittle 2, Behind Enemy Lines, Garfield: The Movie, I, Robot, Flight of the Phoenix, Fat Albert, Dr. Dolittle 3, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, Dr. Dolittle: Tail to the Chief and Dr. Dolittle: Million Dollar Mutts.
Scare Factor: Low.
(June 4, 2010- )
Nicknames: "Davis Wonderland", "The Mansion"
Logo: Over some golden clouds, some kids stuff (hot-air-balloons, a zeppelin and a plane passing by) are seen, when we zoom out of a peephole in wooden door, emitting a lot of golden light. Then the view continue to zoom out to reveal John Davis' mansion. The filmstrip flies and arranges itself over the building, inside a rectangular box, while the words "DAVIS ENTERTAINMENT" appear from below, all of them golden and a shine is seen on filmstrip. The background turns black, and we fade out.
- Some movies, such as Mr. Popper's Penguins, lack the company name.
- Ashort version exists where it only forms the D.
- On Chronicle, the short version plays, only colored in blue.
FX/SFX: Great CGI animation!
Music/Sounds: A triumphant, ascending soft fanfare.
Availability: Seen on newer Davis movies, starting with Marmaduke. The short version appears on the short-lived 2013 series Ironside and currently on The Blacklist.
Scare Factor: None. This is a beautiful animated logo.