Background: C2 Pictures was founded by the owners of Carolco Pictures, Cinergi Pictures, and Seven Arts Pictures (the latter in association with New Line Cinema) after these companies went bankrupt. Their first production was I Spy, though their first feature with a logo was Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. In 2007, they sold the rights of the Terminator film series to The Halcyon Company, but still had rights for the TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. When season 1 ended, they sold the rights to that as well, and closed the company down.
(July 2, 2003-March 3, 2008)
Nicknames: "Metallic CGI C", "C of Steel"
Logo: On a teal/gray/black futuristic background, metal objects come flying from the bottom and top of the screen, then arc to form a "C". Then, "C2 PICTURES" wipes in below.
- A sped-up version of this logo has been used on the TV show Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and the game trailer for Terminator 3.
- A black and white version of this logo, which isn't animated, has been used on the Terminator 3 video game for Game Boy Advance.
- A still version was also seen at the end of Basic Instinct 2.
FX/SFX: The movement of the "C"'s segments, the wiping in of "C2 PICTURES".
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Movie) - On the background of a metal-like sound effect, a six-note horn stinger, followed by a dramatic/triumphant orchestral finish and drums.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Game Trailer) - A shorter, re-orchestrated version of the music.
- Basic Instinct 2 - None.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The ending theme of the show.
Availability: Rare. Only seen on Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (both the actual movie and game trailers) and Basic Instinct 2. Also appears on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (season 1 only).
Scare Factor: Low. The music might not sit well with some, but it's well liked by those who liked Carolco and Cinergi's logos.